Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jag Ja Re- What Lies Behind Us & What Lies Before Us Are Tiny Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us- Emerson

“Jag Ja Re Gudiya, Misri Ki Pudiya, Meethe Lage Do Naina
Nainon Mein Tere Hum Hi Base The, Hum Hi Base Hain…haina
Oh Ri Rani, Gudiya, Jag Ja…ari Jag Ja, Mari Jag Ja
Halka Sa Kosa, Subah Ka Bosa
Maan Ja Ri Ab Jag Ja
Naak Pe Tere Kaatega Bichu
Jag Ja Toh Maan Ja
Jo Chahe Le Lo, Dashrath Ka Vaada
Nainon Se Kholo Ji Raina
Oh Ri Rani, Gudiya, Jag Ja…ari Jag Ja, Moi Jag Ja
Kirnon Ka Sona, Os Ke Moti
Motiyon Sa Mogra
Tera Bichauna Bhar Bhar De Daaloon
Gulmohar Ka Tokra
Aur Jo Bhi Chaho, Maango Ji Maango
Bolo Ji Meri Maina
Oh Ri Rani, Gudiya, Jag Ja…ari Jag Ja, Oi Jag Ja
Jag Ja Re Gudiya, Misri Ki Pudiya, Meethe Lage Do Naina
Nainon Mein Tere Hum Hi Base The, Hum Hi Base Hain…haina”


As opposed to what you may think, this rendition of the Omkara song wasn’t so I could channel my gloomy thoughts. As I heard this, I got a positive rush that got of bed at 3 am to write a new post on my blog which without a doubt has to be about you as you occupy my thoughts most. You’re the only man in my life, and proudly so =) This one isn’t about thanking you or missing you or being glum, this is about putting down things that come to my mind when I think of you. They say you see what you want to see and this is what I choose.

I get upset at myself sometimes when I don’t remember things, before I didn’t give these short-term memory-loss spurts much attention but now I humorously just blame them on genetics. I remember only the smiles you had at my successes, and the ones you now have when I meet you. When I come home and wake you up and with the widest smiling eyes you call out loud, “Arey, Maria aa gayee” I go on for months knowing just that. I know that as time goes by things will get difficult but I’ve become very good at remembering only the good and taking it from there. I can just pause events to that exact scene when we have those rare real conversations. These tests are only for the brave, don’t think they can let us down. We’ve been through a whole lifetime together and this is just a small part of it.

I think I’ll let the song explain the rest- I Love you Abbu! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment